Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hello California!

A LOT has happened since my last post. All three of us did not run in Abe's Amble after all! :-( Justin and I ended up moving to California before the glorious occasion and Ashley ended up getting pregnant (instead of me) and was too sick to participate. However, Ashley and I were able to race at the Women's Distance Festival before we left. It was a two mile race. My goal was not in my speed, but to not stop.....and I did it! It was the best feeling in the world! There were hundreds of people around the finish line cheering everyone on. I realized that even though I have lame lungs, my mind and will power are stronger. I was trying hard not to cry when I crossed that finish line. Awesome day in my book!

Other things that have happened:

Justin's brother Corey got married. YAH to Corey and Emily!!!

We went to Colorado and stayed on a ranch for a week. I have never had some many bug bites on my body at one time....no joke! But we had a fabulously great time! My horse's name was Chaukta, we hated each other in the beginning, but by the end of the week were soul mates!

Justin, my mother, and I drove both our cars across the country to Monrovia, California. We have been here for a month now and like it a lot. It is hot and the people drive crazy, but there is no bugs and no humidity!

Justin started his new job here is CA and likes it a lot more! I am in the process of getting my CA Hygiene license and have to take the boards again. I take them October 25th which gives me less than two months to find someone that never brushes their teeth in a town I am not familiar with.

Two days ago we said goodbye to Justin's other brother Cody as he went off to army basic training in Georgia. We love him and are proud to be his kin!

I colored my hair myself. The box said medium brown.....it came out black. I think I have a very strong resemblance to Michael Jackson now, especially when I am wearing make up. I just need a skinner nose.

And last by not at all least, Justin and I have started the LONG adoption process through LDS Family Services. If you know a mother that is looking for other options please let us know. :-)


Justin and Cody the morning Cody left for Georgia.

9 comments:

Kiera said...

Oh Holly! I am thrilled for you! Get an adoption blog page up and running and I will link it on my blog! How exciting! And when you get your homestudy complete call me so you can get it into Betty. She has lots of leads for you!!! Love you two...

Kiera said...

oh and you are my status update on FB... maybe someone will know someone... it has happened before!

P3 said...

Holly, I am so excited for you and Justin! Yeah!!! Check out thse blogs: http://authorbee.blogspot.com/
http://www.queandbrittanysblog.blogspot.com/

This is a blog of a couple from my hometown -
http://tommyandlorraine17.blogspot.com/

Mrs. KIR said...

Shesh-if you didn't want to run in the race you could have just dropped out---moving is a bit extreme in my book:)! Good job on your two mile thingy!! YOU ROCI! I love the horsey picture!!!! AND I miss you. glad you like it there--but come home and visit often...like how about tomorrow?

Mrs. KIR said...

oh and the black hair--ahaahahahahahahahahahahah funny!!

The Webber's said...

FINALLY a post! I've missed them, and you of course :) Glad things are going good for you guys - life sounds busy but enjoyable! Seriously you need to post some close up picture of you with the MJ hair, pelase?! I think anyone who dies there hair has colors go completely NOT what was expected, but in the end the pictures looking back always bring a smile or teach you something! Good luck with the adoption process!!! That's so exciting! Watched/watching a few friends go through it and it's crazy at times but totally worth it! Praying for you guys! Keep in touch!

Carissa said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Where in Cali are you? Good luck with the adoption process. I know you guys will be great parents some day!

Elise said...

HOLLY!!! congrats on two things the run and the adoption process! you and justin with be in my heart and prayers during this time. I love you more than anything and miss you like crazy. you and justin will be amazing parents! also we MUST get together now that we are closer than ever... i will have to see how far u r from us! Love you both!

Brandi said...

I'm excited that you guys are looking to adopt! Kids are so much fun! Also congrats on the race! I have tried running here in Colorado, but the altitude kills! I wish I had your drive. :p Oh, Holly I can't wait for you to be a mom.