Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Cheer

If there is anything that I learned this season it was how much I LOVE MY FAMILY! Since Justin and I have moved to California I have found a deeper appreciation for the amazing family that I am blessed with. They have made me the person I am today, I love them to pieces, and miss them tremendously! Justin and I flew to IL for a few days and had a blast! The trip was way too short and flew by way too fast and I would never trade it for anything. I love you all!

Grandma Bateman, Haley and Me at Haley's school medieval presentation.

Introducing Charlie! This is Justin's parents new puppy! He is dang cute and hyper and accidentally bit my finger when he mistook it for his toy. I can now say, "Charlie bit my finger!"

In California it is illegal to talk on your cell phone while you are driving......we still do it all the time......

So for Christmas I got Justin a bluetooth so he can now talk fearlessly!
For Christmas I got this fabulous hat!

Is this cake not amazing?! I saw it in a catalog and decided to make it for our Christmas celebration today. It is the first home made cake I have ever made and I am really proud of it. Although it tasted yummy, I think it was more cool looking than anything else. Hope that you all had a great Christmas with your families and remembered the birth of our Savior. Have a great 2010!

4 comments:

Kiera said...

Yes your hat is ROCKIN! and that cake... OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Seriously... your first homemade cake? I am impressed!
We are off to Texas in the morning.. We have an appointment in court on Monday to finalize Zion's adoption...

Mrs. KIR said...

That cake looks amazing!

P3 said...

Love your hat!!! and the cake looks delicious. I'm sad I didn't get to see you guys while you were in Illinois. I also love your new pictures - you guys look awesome :)

Kiera said...

I really want this recipe!!!