Monday, June 14, 2010

Dance Parties Rock!

Not all, but a lot of my "good" thinking happens in the middle of the night or early morning when I am feeding my little girls. The other night as my little miss was sucking down the last of her milk I was remembering the summer that my mom flew me out to Utah when I was like 10 to spend some time with my cousins. I had a blast those few weeks playing with my Aunt Julie and her three daughters! I remember Aunt Julie turning on dance music and having me and the two younger cousins follow her around the house in a circle mimicking her dance moves. Oh, the fun and the giggles! I can not wait to do that with my daughters! I have already decided that one of the song we must groove to is this:



This morning Miss Madelyn P and I were the only ones awake and were having a little tummy time on the floor. There was a shinny object near her that she wanted SO badly! As I sat and watched her struggle to reach it I just wanted to pick it up and give it to her, but at the same time let her continue to struggle so she would learn and get stronger. I realized then that is how Heavenly Father must feel when he sees us go through the struggles of life. Oh, how easy it would be for him to just fix some things and help us out, but oh, how much stronger and better we become going through them. I have no doubt that parenting and having a family serves its purpose in teaching us to become more like him!

8 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Love the post Holly! Praise God that he allows us to become stronger ppl! Love the pic too!

TiffanyM said...

Oh I love them. its so amazing how much they learn to do in the first years of their life. Sam is still Learning so its Awesome!

Season said...

Holly, you've got to be like the best mom out there. Your little girls are so privileged to have you!

Brandi said...

I totally understand the dancing and just being silly. I remember my mom being playful and fun. I am happy to say that even though I have a little boy he still loves to dance and party with me! Being a mom sure does have it's rewards!
Love the song choice and believe me the dancing age comes so fast!

Mrs. KIR said...

cute! miss you!

Becky Home-ecky said...

My boys love K'naan---have you heard him? They memorized his wave your flag song which is so, so awesome. They hate screaming music (Aerosmith, etc) and love dance/techno stuff. It is hilarious when they start nodding their head to the beat and are like, "Oh, Mom, this is a good song. Don't change the station." Pretty much, that's why I became a mom

Carissa said...

Dance parties are a favorite around here too. It's so funny to watch those little bodies dance as they grow up. :) I love your comment about parenting too. I think we understand can a LOT more about how our Heavenly Father feels about us once we begin to feel love that for someone else. It's beautiful.

Breona said...

So funny to read this post about dancing with my Ma and us back in the day!!! You were really only 10. We seemed older? A lot of my friends and family remember dancing with my mom. I definitely have tried to have her up beat personality as a mom. Kids dig the dancing. I love your pics of the girls and also LOST. I never got into that. Tried. Gram B said it was great having you stay with the babies. Hope you are all doing well!!! Love ya.