Saturday, April 4, 2009

Great Grub and Golf!

For those of you that don't know, I played golf all four years of highschool. I was even on varsity for three of those years....maybe four, I can't remember. However, I have not swung a golf club in the six years since I have graduated and last night was a testimony of that.
Justin and I went on a double date with the Catherine and Patrick. We first went out to eat at Smokey Bones (I had never been there before, but it was quite delicious!) After that we went to a driving range that opened up their park and turned on the lights just for us. (Patrick is VIP if you know what I mean.....AND very perssuasive.) In the three years that I have been married, Justin has known of me playing golf in the past, but has never had the pleasure of seeing my skills, or the lack of them. I fear that last nights talent should have made him ashamed to even know me. I am TERRIBLE! More than once (or 10 times) I swung to hit the ball and completely missed! I was by far the worst of all four of us.....Catherine who has never played and Justin who has played once before. I learned last night that if you can't laugh at yourself, you have no business laughing at anyone else.....and that playing golf is NOT like riding a bike!



Patrick accidentally knocking his golf balls all over his area. :-)


Catherine winding up for the big swing. This girl is a pro athlete at anything with practice and Patrick lessons. No joke!


Justin had some dang good skills as well! I was very impressed! If I ever play golf again....he's on my team!!

5 comments:

Mrs. KIR said...

whose patrick and why is he a vip?

Carissa said...

hahaha I played golf in high school too but I don't tell anyone because I am horrible! (Our team didn't have enough girls so all you had to do was show up and you were in! It was like free lessons!) I agree you have to learn to laugh. Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

Catherine Bridges you dog! Yeah who is Patrick?

Holly said...

Patrick is in the 1st ward. He works at Wells Fargo as well and him and Catherine are dating.

Joni said...

I love reading your blog. I am a terrible golfer; you would not want me on your team. How did it go in Sterling? Friends of mine go up there for Jr. Rodeo.
Thinking of you,
Joni