Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update


Time has gotten away from me these last few months! Justin and I are still living in the Drowns' basement here in Illinois. Justin is still working with Wells Fargo and also studying to take the LSATs. He has decided that he wants to go back to school and is looking at a MBA program at the University of Washington. I am going back to school as well and have applied for an interent program to get my BA in Dental Hygiene in California. I have a phone interview with them next week.....hopefully it goes well! I am still just doing temp Dental Hygiene work. Some weeks are crazy busy and others I have nothing. All next week I am going to be working in Sterling, IL which is about three hours away. They are going to be putting me up in a hotel so that I don't have to commute back and forth. Next month I am going to be working for a lady who is going on materity leave. I will get 8 straight weeks of work that I am really excited about. I have worked in so many offices that do things different, like some have digital x-rays, some don't, some are totally paperless and etc. I am learning a ton of different techniques and becoming more marketable so that's awesome. Thanks to my sister Lori I am also working with the U.S. Census Bureau. It has really flexable hours so that I can work on it when I am not doing hygiene. I am doing address canvassing and making sure everyone's address gets in the system so that they will get a census next year. I get to carry around a little hand held computer that will only turn on when it reads my finger print (picture above). Pretty fancy! Anywho, I have recommitted to the blog world! Hope that you all are doing great!

6 comments:

TiffanyM said...

i hope that justin can manage with out you!! I'm so glad to hear yall are doing so well!! Will this mean you're going to move to washington?

Mrs. KIR said...

wow, carrying a little dodad thing makes for one official you! Where can I get me one of those?

Elise said...

yeah it is so good to finally have a post from you!! you will have to let me know if and when you are moving to washington. I will be there in may and in december!! I miss you tons! xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I think I missed something. If your going to CA and he is going to WA isn't that an issue?

Holly said...

I can move anywhere because the school in CA is a distance learning program.....everything is done on the internet. :-)

P3 said...

Yeah! I didn't know that you had some new blog posts. Cool little computer.