Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Biggest Mystery of All!

As long as I can remember I have LOVED murder mystery stories. I used to watch shows on TV at a young age that would make my mother nervous. I can remember her even banding me from watching some of them in fear that they were too "grown up." I would watch shows like Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote, and this one that I can't remember the name of, but a nun and pastor were the mystery solvers (that is the one that I got banded from). I am a big reader as well and every time that I go to the library I find myself drawn to the Mary Higgins Clark section or other suspense book. Why is it that I am so enthralled with killing....I know not. I would like to think that it is not the murder part that interests me, but the mystery. I am constantly trying to think outside the box and think analytically to solve the case before it is solved for me. So.....here is my confession: The past few months I have been addicted to the show Matlock. On the days that I don't have to work it is the thing that gets me out of bed in the morning (it starts at 9am on channel 9). That is the pathetic part, but here is the retarded part! The show is an hour long and I ALWAYS fall asleep the last 20 mins of it and NEVER find out who killed who and why! That is the biggest mystery of all....why I am doing this and wasting my life away?! It is obviously not that great of a mystery if I can't stay awake for it. So, right here and now I am banding myself from watching Matlock indefinietly! I will no longer indulge myself in such trash! Here is to a new me!!

Matlock, disgusted with my behavior!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dang! I don't know what is worse the fact that you told the whole blog world you watch that trash or the fact that you fall asleep watching it! Girl you better not let us down.

Season said...

Holly, you are hilarious. And I love Mary Higgins Clark books too!

P3 said...

I just looked it up, your mom banned you from "Father Dowling Mysteries"? That is hilarious. I didn't know that it was that bad of a show. You are so funny :)

You need to get into comedies. They are only half an hour, you won't fall asleep.

When Bryan and I first got married, I was looking for a job for about two months and every day I would watch "Mad About You"... Didn't get it much before, but when I was married, it suddenly became pretty funny :)

Carissa said...

hahah You're too funny. I love all those murder mystery books too. Good luck!

Mrs. KIR said...

wasting time? I totally call it planning for a side job/hobby when SAHM time needs a pick you up!

A.Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A.Atkins said...

I think that you are right it's not the killing that is intriguing, it's trying to figure out who did it. Matlock was okay but I like Perry Mason and I did love Father Dowling Mysteries too!!! LOL, but there are others that I like now. Like JAG, NCIS, CSI:NY, In Plain Sight and a few other ones that keep you on your toes and sometimes it's hard to figure out "who done it!" By the way we didn't get together before you left...:(