Friday, May 1, 2009

Flat Stanley

A couple of weeks ago my nephew Kaelan sent me a Flat Stanley! I was really excited and worried at the same time. My parents have done Flat Stanley's in the past for the grandkids and they are always AMAZING! I had a lot to live up to.....however I think it turned out pretty well. For those of you that don't know what Flat Stanley is: A child sends you a letter and cartoon little man (Flat Stanley) that you are supposed to "show around the town" you are from. You send back to the classroom postcards, pictures, and everything that you did with your Flat Stanley. What is there to do is Springfield, IL? Abe Lincoln sites thats what! Justin and I had so much fun with this little guy. We took a ton of pictures.....here are a few. Enjoy! Thanks for the fun Kaelan!



Stanley being introduced to a horseshoe meal....mmmm.

Stanley pretending he was tied to one of the many railroad tracks in Springfield. Silly Stanley!

The State Capitol Building

Side trip to MO: Stanley and Holly at Adam-Ondi-Ahman

I made Justin try on this Abe mask that we got at the Abraham Lincoln Museum before sending to the kids....oh the fun!

4 comments:

Carissa said...

How fun! I have never heard of Flat Stanley's before. What a neat idea! (and a nice excuse to go out and do things!)

Anonymous said...

Cute Holly, real cute! I've never gotten a Flat Stanley invite. I feel slided!

Season said...

Okay, okay. How do I get a flat Stanley to come to me??? And I love the one of him peaking over a roof by the capitol building.

Mrs. KIR said...

I so want to befriend flat stan...how come you were so lucky?