Monday, January 4, 2010

I Love Your Love The Most

I like how you would have no idea that we live in CA by looking at the whiteness of these legs!

Justin and I have started exercising together. It is one of our New Year's resolutions. We are doing pretty good so far (I know, I know it is only the 4th!) Today we went on a two mile hike up Monrovia Canyon and found some waterfalls. This park was so amazing that we coveted to going there more often and even bought ourselves an annual pass to do so. Last year when we were practicing for the 5K in Illinois, and now starting to run and exercise again, I have realized how much I have to play mind games with myself while putting forth physical exertion. Pushing my body to do things and go places that it really does not want to is no easy feat! I however have come to the realization that I exercise not for me, not for Justin, but for my future children. This may sound silly, but when I am running laps around the high school track near our home and feel like I would rather be dead than sweat like a beast and wheeze like a dying cow, the thing that keeps me going is knowing that I am going to be a mother some day. Some day soon. And if I am going to be a mother, I want to not only be able to keep up with my children, but be here to watch them grow. I know that there is a little spirit that is waiting to be a part of our family. I am starting to feel that spirit's excitement along with our own. Even though I don't know this child, I don't yet even know their name, I already love this child because they are already making me a better person. Our adoption process is going to be wrapping up soon and then all we do is wait for a birth mother to choose us. This waiting part is the most agonizing, yet I feel totally at peace. I know that we are not just waiting for a baby, but OUR baby and that is worth every minute we wait.


7 comments:

Season said...

Oh Holly, I love you. "Sweat like a beast and wheeze like a dying cow." You're hilarious. And you're going to make the most wonderful mom. Adoption is the most amazing thing! You'll be able to give such a wonderful life to some baby out there!

Mrs. KIR said...

Sweetest thing I have read in a long while. Makes me tear up thinking of you two being parents. (mostly for the child's sake:) BWAHAHAHAHAHA

LOVE your guts!

Anonymous said...

I too have the same new years resolution to work out. I'm trying to to the 20 minutes every day. Not much but I understand every bit helps. By the way, did you know you picked the same blog background that I picked? How about that Disney?

Kiera said...

Looks like your heart is in the right place for a roller coaster ride. Oh you KNOW I love you! I hope I can be the ear you need and shoulder you can count on... Cuz this ride your gettin' on is OH SOOOOO WORTH the butterflies! Keep dreaming while you sweat! *hugs*

Mom said...

Oh Holly,
I loved reading your blog and be able to read the things of your heart and in your mind.
Justin and you are awesome and I know Heavenly Father will bless you both with a baby too.

Love you both.
Mom

The Webber's said...

Holly my dear, I just have to tell you that you completely ROCK! I love you!! I recall you saying "sweat like a beast" and complaining you felt like a "dying cow" a few years back when it came to exercise, lol. Guess things haven't changed too much! :D

You'll be an AMAZING mother and I'm soo excited for you two!! Keep us all updated! Love you!

Catherine said...

Every time I see a cute black baby, I want to steal it for you...