Monday, May 17, 2010

Lessons

LESSON #1

I will NEVER again walk into a mother's home and think to myself, "This house is trashed! How can somebody live like that?" For my house is now ALWAYS a mess and looks disgusting! The sad part is that my mom is here to help me and my babies are not even crawling yet to get into things. How will I ever catch up?

3 comments:

Mrs. KIR said...

You don't. AND that is the master plan! You learn to live with it and see the joy in it as it means "this home is filled with babies!"
Besides--the only people that care if your house is un trashed are unmarried/non parent people--and you have officially LEFT that club FAR behind:)

Kiera said...

My house may not be all that trashed right now but a box full of goodies for the little M&M's "fairy god mum" is sitting on a chair in my bedroom. Been there for weeks... Don't judge me... I hate taking two babies to the post office.
Don't be too hard on yourself... Before you know it all your pieces will be put back in place and it will be easier to function... Just ride the ride!
Love you tons honey buns!

Brandi said...

You never will catch up sweetie. Even if you do go through all the trouble to clean it will all be undone in the matter of seconds! Welcome to the official mommy club!

Just enjoy your kids while you can. There are some days you will go insane (or at least I do) but I realize there is a time and a season. We are in the season of a messy and chaotic world which reaps the greatest rewards. My best advice is to let everything go and when you do have those few spare moments just make sure your toilets don't smell and you'll be good! :p