This post is long overdue. At the beginning of last month (April 9th to be exact) we were told that there was twin baby girls five days old needing a home, a mom, and a dad. We were asked if we would be interested in filling those roles? That was a silly question, I have been waiting for these little spirits my whole life! We waited for five days to find out if we would be the lucky ones chosen to raise these two miracles. Those days were filled with emotional roller coasters, little sleep, and deep cleanings of the house at wee hours of the night. It was down right painful waiting by the phone! On April 13th we got the good news and on April 14th Justin and I held them in our arms for the first time.
Words can not describe the immediate feelings of joy and peace we have had! What has surprised me the most however is my natural motherhood instincts I have been given. I feel like I know these little girls better than anyone else and can take of them like no one else. These are OUR babies! We have named them Madelyn Paige and Makayla Noel. We don't think they are identical and can tell them apart especially when they are side by side. Madelyn has a birth mark between a couple of her toes that we use as a cheat-peak sometimes. We are SO in love! I feel like I now know the true meaning to the word exhaustion!
Here are some random picture of our little monkeys....
Makayla sleeping like Daddy!
Madelyn always lets us know when she is hungry when she starts to suck on anything near her face. :-)
Madelyn and Justin
The girls at their first doctors appointment.
Makayla and Justin
What our kitchen counter always looks like now a days. :-)
Makayla with her new hair pretty----thanks Ashley!
Walking Madelyn to the kitchen sink for her bath......she decided (as obvious by my greasy hair) that Mama was overdue for a bath as well!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Our Latest Miracles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
The girls are ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to meet them (and visit with you guys of course). Hopefully we can time visits right when you go back to IL to visit. Those girls are blessed to have such great parents!
Holly we are sooo happy for you!! Someone gave us this quote the other day, i thought you might like it. "Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own, Never forget for a minute that while you did not grow under my heart, you grew in it."
Ohhhh! I love them!
Holly and Justin a huge congrats is in order, they are BEAUTIFUL!
Good heavens—they are adorable! I'm so happy for you and Justin! How wonderful! Those are two lucky girls, indeed.
Holly! I am still so excited for you guys! I love seeing pictures of your cute girls and how happy your little family is! What a blessing and a gift.
First of all they are beautiful!! I am so happy for you and Justin!! These girls couldn't have a better mom or dad!! I love you and wish I was there to hold those babies!!! What a blessing they are!
Babies! Babies! Yeah!!
Call me in 20 years and we can arrange some marriages.....
Congratulations and good names!
Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. The girls are just adorable!!
Holly, the girls are beautiful! I had no idea this Miracle had happened for you!! =) I am so incredibly jealous of you guys. I am sure you are both super parents. Good luck with everything!! - Steph Leskovisek
Post a Comment