Thursday, July 10, 2008

This Trip Is Getting "Harry!!!"

We are here in London now. We are staying with Justin's brother and his wife. It has been so nice to get to know them better, stay somewhere for free, not worry about keeping my medicine cold, and staying somewhere that is clean!!
In Edinburgh, Scotland (our favorite stop so far) we were able to eat in The Elephant House. That is where J.K. Rowling wrote the first few Harry Potter books. She was really poor then and would drink coffee in this shop and write her books. Being a HUGE Harry fan, I was elated to be in a place that she was in and where Harry was "born."
We came to London by train, arriving at Kings Cross where scenes from the Potter movies were done. Justin and I were even able to find platform 9 3/4! It has been as awesome experience!





It has been a lot colder here than we expected it to be. We knew that it was going to rain, but not this much. Here in the UK they don't have AC because they don't need it. The weather here (besides a lot of rain) is perfect, especially since I am used to being in IL with all the humidity in July.

7 comments:

TiffanyM said...

We miss you guys!! I hope your trip has been a blast so far!

Anonymous said...

How FABULOUS! Next time you travel to Europe, take your travel agent with you! The "Harry pics" are priceless...and now I have three children begging to go to Kings Cross!

Anonymous said...

How FABULOUS! Next time you travel to Europe, take your travel agent with you! The "Harry pics" are priceless...and now I have three children begging to go to Kings Cross!

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun! howvef, Lauson upon seeing youguys said, "UGGGGGG howy and justin need to come see me...

Kiera said...

I had no idea you two had such a fun trip planned! I can't wait to hear all the details!

Elise said...

I am happy to hear you are doing so well. Lucky you for being able to go to London. Kraig and I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!! Have a great trip. Call me when you get home so I can hear all about it. Love you lots!! xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

okay, so I already left a comment, however, you have been tagged--see my site for rules