We made it to Ireland a couple of days ago!! It was a long trip, but not as long as I thought it was going to be. Once we got here we immediately ran into little problems. Our hotel was not as close to Dublin city as we had planned and it was even harder finding transportation to get us here. It took us about two hours to find our hotel which was exhausting after traveling for so long. Once we got here I had technically missed two breathing treatments and needed one way bad! I pluged in my nebulizer with the converter we had bought in the US and it burned up my machine in about 1.2 seconds. My heart sank and Justin and I had no idea what to do! After a ton of local attempts and failures to find another machine we remembered that we passed a hospital that was a few blocks from our hotel. When we got there I immediately knew that it was not by conscience that we had came to this city even though we would have have picked it by choice at first. At the hospital I was able to do a treatment and found a respiratory nurse that knew about CF and happened to have an extra nebulizer in her office for us to loan until the new machine cames in that she ordered for me. If we wouldn't have come to this suburb, we wouldn't have found this hospital, that nurse, and gotten a new machine. It just a short time I have been reminded that the Lord watches over us and blesses us in our greatest time of need. I feel so blessed, lucky, and loved!
We will have access to internet for just a couple more days so I will try to post pictures of our trip so far if I can figure it out. The people here for the most part are really nice! I can't understand what they are saying 1/2 of the time, but their culture is grand!! Their cars are really small and so are their body frames (which is really different from America). I am proud about being an American, but I love learning about other people's lives. They are so different, yet the same, and that has been the most interesting thing for me! I will update when can. :-)
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Ireland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Isn't the Lord the best? He does things for the right reasons. It sounds like you two are having fun! Take lots of pictures!
Oh cool I am so glad to hear from you! I have been wondering, wonderin,wonderi,wonder,wond,won,w
Post a Comment