Yesterday as I was getting ready for work I had a cool memory come back to me. I remembered that while I was going to BYU-I, I had a cystic fibrosis doctor in Salt Lake that was amazing! That was cool, but not the part I was thinking about. :-) I remembered when I first started seeing Dr. Liou that he told me (after doing some lung tests and studies) that he could tell that I would have no problems living for at least the next five years. My birthday is in a few days and I realized that it will mark my five year anniversary that I had that disscussion with him. I know that people think I am crazy, but every year I have a birthday I feel a sense of accomplishment. I am nowhere near being healthy, but I am a pretty lucky girl! I had a cousin who had CF and died at age 11 who was a total miracle (the average age for a CF child to live back them was 6). I never knew her but think about her often becaues I have something in common with her. I come from good genes....well kinda!
I am so thankful to live in a age where health care is so amazing. I am thankful for doctors who care enough to take care of others. I am thankful to have a sister who taught me how to take care of my body. It is not fair that she had to come to earth before me, but I am grateful she did. I am thankful to be married. I am thankful for a husband that is so supportive and loves me even if I have a broken body! :-) Life rocks! So next time you have a birthday and think, "Ahhh I am getting so old!" think instead, "Whoa, I am accomplished!"
I am so thankful to live in a age where health care is so amazing. I am thankful for doctors who care enough to take care of others. I am thankful to have a sister who taught me how to take care of my body. It is not fair that she had to come to earth before me, but I am grateful she did. I am thankful to be married. I am thankful for a husband that is so supportive and loves me even if I have a broken body! :-) Life rocks! So next time you have a birthday and think, "Ahhh I am getting so old!" think instead, "Whoa, I am accomplished!"


6 comments:
Happy Birthday in a few days as well. We are pretty lucky. So I had this disturbing dream last night that our little Haley was a smoker on the playground. That's right. I caught some parent sharing her cig with Haley on the playground. Would you please keep a better eye on that child when your at work?! Thanks. Oh, and maybe you shouldn't tell her about my dream.
I love you! And am so glad you are my friend. Happy Birthday early and good job for staying alive girl:O
Hope you're birthday rocks! You put a different perspective on life and birthdays, you know that? Although I am still older than you...sigh! Hope you're doing well, staying healthy, and loving your hubby each day! Sometimes I think that life is too short for all of us, although there's no doubt it's going to be better on the other side! HAPPY BIRTHDAY and miss you!
What a Blessing you are to me Holly!! Happy Birthday Girlfriend and Many, Many More!!
I love your positive perspective! I know I could sure do a better job at being more grateful. I think too often we forget how lucky we are. Thanks and Happy birthday!
That was great! And so true!
Post a Comment