I am a very light sleeper and Justin is the heaviest, sleep talking/walking person that I know. It used to really irritate me when I would wake up in the middle of the night to find Justin army crawling on the floor, or getting accidentally punched and kicked knowing that in the morning I was going to have a good mark to prove it. I have discovered over time however that we are a good match! I cough a lot in the night which thankfully never wakes him up and if anyone ever breaks into our house in the middle of the night, I will at least hear them. :-)
Last night was a first time experience for me! At 4:30 this morning I woke up to our home and everything in it shaking. I sat up and woke Justin up in a panic! He immediately knew that it was an earthquake and told me to get up and follow him. I think that we were heading for a door way but the shaking only lasted for about 30 seconds. It was so crazy! I have lived in this area my whole life and have never heard of earthquakes happening in the midwest before! I am thankful that I have an experienced husband to protect me and I learned that anything is possible! As I fell back asleep last night I was thinking about the natural catastrophes that will happen with the Second Coming and they all the sudden seemed more realistic.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Earthquake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
amen! Good thing the doorway was close--since it was only 30 seconds...
Just for the record, this was your second earth quake. We had one worse than that in 1987 when we lived in the country. I was 10 so you were probably 2. I'm glad you have such an experienced man to keep you safe!!
Good thing Justin new what to do... Bryan just went back to sleep. We both slept through a tornado when we were first married in Pawnee :) We are good for nothing.
Post a Comment