Tonight I didn't have clinic, but went in anyway because I still needed to take a full mouth series of x-rays on a patient. In the last two years that I have been in the dental hygiene program I have embarrassed myself a ton! Tonight was no exception! I was about 2/3 of the way through taking radiographs, placed the x-ray in my patients mouth, centered up the x-ray tube head, and went running (literally) for the exposure button outside the door when WHACK!, I ran right into the arm of the x-ray tube head. It knocked the wind out of me and almost knocked me out completely. I was so embarrassed, I have never done that before! I swore that I was bleeding, but really just have a goose egg above my eyebrow that hurts like no other! That is definitely one patient that I will be remembering of the next couple of weeks. Today I took my last full mouth of x-rays in my college career. Good feeling to be done, bad feeling for the head!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am a laughin' just like when you ran into the car thing-a-ma-bob at Stowells. Sorry girl-you are funny! But, atleast you don't run into cars like a certain other person we both know and love, admire and want to be like!
Man that's whack!
Wow, I am so glad that at least two people read my blog! Thanks hunny!
ahhh that is so sweet that you call me hunny!
Post a Comment