Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Tents

When I was younger I remember my family would get home every week from church, eat lunch, and then take their inevitable naps. I hated it! Who needs naps anyway? I remember that my step brother Steven and I, who were too good for naps, would have to get creative around the house while everyone else was sleeping. We would play games, design boobie traps, and always make tents. We would make the biggest tents out of blankets and chairs that were totally awesome!
Well, Justin and I also have to get creative in this little town! Watching movies and walking around Walmart seem to be the only things to do around here and it gets old fast. So last night we decided to make a tent of our own downstairs to watch a movie in and eventually fall asleep.


Justin and I both woke up this morning with sore backs and I was freezing all night long! I discovered however that I have never grown out of the adventure of making tents.....but have grown into taking naps, especially on Sundays!

6 comments:

The Anderson's said...

you are too much!! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

You two crack me up---why have you not built a few for my kids---i have to do this and it is not a fond memory of mine---so next sunday is good for us!?!

Drowns Family said...

That is just sad!!! As much as I will miss the both of you when you move, it looks like the time has come!!

Kiera said...

I am INSPIRED to make my kids a tent... Friday night... I only have 4 days to design this masterpiece.. I better get to the drawing board.. Oh and which movie should I pick for the feature? Choices choices choices...

Elise said...

this is why i love you!! you are a kid a heart!! :)

P3 said...

Now I know where Rylee and Cameron get their love of tent-making from :) Honestly, it drives me crazy because they never can seem to put everything away that they use to build the tents.